Motorsport Manager: Pit Crews Update und DLC Endurance Series für Linux veröffentlicht
Zu dem Motorsport-Management-/Simulations-Titel Motorsport Manager ist ein ein GB großes Update mit vielen Neuerungen für Linux veröffentlicht worden.
Insbesondere die Möglichkeit, nun seine eigene Pit Crew zu verwalten, sticht heraus.
Zugleich wurde der neue (Bezahl-)DLC Endurance Series veröffentlicht, der das Spiel um eine Endurance-Weltmeisterschaft erweitert.
Beschreibung Endurance Series DLC:
Epic tests of man and machine
Go the distance, with a brand new two-class endurance championship to test your mettle. Keep track of your drivers’ alertness using the new stamina bar, and swap them out at the crucial moment.
New race lengths and rules
Drive over 90 minutes, 3 hours or even 6 hour epic races!
Six drivers per team
Manage a group and find the drivers with the strength, skill and stamina combinations to win you the race. Test your wits over average lap qualifying, picking two drivers per car and building the best average lap time.
Beautiful endurance cars
Take in the iconic curves and sleek lines as you guide your mechanical masterpieces to championship wins
Be a part of the rivalry
Twenty-four cars compete in each race, jostling for lap times as they seek to win out over their greatest threats
New ERS options, new rolling starts and more
A new way of playing the game you love
Embark on a fresh Motorsport Manager challenge with the Endurance Series. Take iconic long-distance cars for the ride of your life as you navigate epic distances with the goal of winning championships. Try two new competitions – IEC A and B – and meet new teams along the way. Experience new race lengths – 90 minutes, 3 hours or even 6 hours!
Manage six drivers per team as you strive to find the best combination of drivers to score you the best times. Manage a new layer of race strategy as you keep a careful eye on their stamina, and be prepared to make tough calls during the longest races yet. Design your machines with survival and speed in mind as you put them to the test in entirely new conditions.
New rules, such as average qualifying time, present a new challenge as you seek to build a team which outdoes the sum of its parts. Find consistency and the sweet spot for your drivers, allowing them to hit a state of perfect flow and become ‘Fired Up’, improving their lap times.
Tweak your car’s setup to focus on a particular driver, or seek to achieve a balance that takes in both styles. But above all: stop watching, start winning, take control.
Beschreibung des kostenlosen Updates:
Free update patch notes:
• Players can now manage the speed and safety of their pitstops through the new pit crew feature
• Pit crew members have 5 core stats: Tyres, Part Fixing, Refuelling, Front Jack and Rear Jack. Their stat levels determine the speed at which they can perform each task
• Crew members will become fatigued after each race and will need to be placed 'In Recovery' to regain their stamina. Tired crew members are more likely to make mistakes
• As well as time mistakes, there are now new, job-specific pit mistakes: Wrong tyre compound fitted, underfuelled, front and rear jack damage and part fixing red-zone increase
• Catastrophic mistakes are new, rare mistakes that can drastically alter the outcome of a race. There are 2 catastrophic mistakes: Loose wheel and pit fire (only if refuelling is active)
• If a pit fire occurs, there is a chance that the car will be retired from the race. Pit fire retirements can have a psychological impact on the driver
• The pit crew can be automanaged by your mechanics. A mechanic's Pitstop and Concentration stats impact how effectively they will auto-manage your pit crew
• Car cornering stats impacting the simulation have been re-worked to reduce emphasis on the top speed of the engine. This makes low, medium and high cornering speeds more dependant on the Front Wing, Suspension and Rear Wing
• Driver form now has a larger impact in a race weekend's performance. During a race, a driver's form will fluctuate depending on their consistancy stat
• A driver's current form is now displayed on their portrait during the race
• Added a new x12 speed during races
• Added a preference screen for the new x12 speed that allows players to customise when the game automatically slows down to show important events
• Reworked the Tyre Heating chassis stat: Now, a high star rating will cause the temperature gauge to move away from the center slowly, but return quickly
• New Part Design components
• The mechanic's 'Part Fixing' stat now impacts both raceday part fixes and fixing parts when returning from a race weekend
• Added keyboard shortcuts for engine modes, driving styles and swapping the camera between drivers
• Weight Stripping is now a rule that can be voted in or out per series
• Spec Parts can no longer be weight stripped
• Weight stripping is now banded per series to improve balancing
• Improved saving and loading during a race event
• If autosave is enabled, the game will now save at the end of a race before returning to the frontend
• Pit stop strategy now does not add a fixed amount of time to the pit stops, but instead adds a percentage of the expected time
• Fixed instances where the driver "Sammy White" would appear in the frontend
• New interview questions
• New media messages
• Reworked and rebalanced existing interview and media messages that were not triggering
• New radio messages
• Fixed an issue where the personality traits 'Boring Winner', 'Losing Hope' and 'Top of the World' were not triggering
• The personality trait 'Media Trained' now removes more negative media-related traits if the target driver possesses them
• Fixed a bug where new mechanic hire mails would be blank if the player was unemployed
• Fixed an issue where AI teams would not be charged for mechanic and designer race bonuses
• Fixed a bug where qualifying bonuses would be deducted three times if the series had three-stage qualifying
• Improved how AI cars use the ERS system
• Improved how AI cars refuel during a race
• Improved how AI cars interact during the first lap of the race
• Fixed a bug where temp drivers would retain previous morale debuffs and traits from working with other teams
• Fixed an exploit where the player could press the ERS boost button as it breaks in a pitstop, leading to an infinite boost until the end of the race
• Increased the rate at which drivers and staff improve when influenced by HQ buildings
• Improved the regen system to have more varied 'drivable series'
• Improved the AI team intelligence on when to build a new car part
• Fixed a bug that was preventing the activation of corner cutting
• UI improvements to front-end menus
• UI improvements to the scouting screen
• When refuelling, the player can now also add fuel in increments of 5 or click to fill the whole tank
• Can now view each team's chassis supplier information from the Choose Team screen
• Fixed an issue where the player couldn't click the 'traits' button in the post-race screen if no new traits had been assigned
• Added the current track and the current layout information to the load setup popup
• New 'Choose Series' screen
• Updated the challenge medal icon
• Optimised the 'Lap Chart' screen performance when loading for the first time
• General performance improvements
• New Personality Traits
• New Achievements
• New tooltips
• The weight stripping reliability to performance ratio is now editable in the Championships.csv ( if set to zero the AI will not use the feature )
• Each series now has 'restricted rules' which are editable in the Championships.csv. A 'restricted' rule can never be voted in by the player or AI in that series
• Championships now handle having between 6 to 12 teams