Lutris 0.5.8 veröffentlicht
Eine weitere Version (0.5.8) von Lutris wurde veröffentlicht:
lutris (0.5.8) groovy; urgency=medium
* 3rd party services are now available from the main window
* The "Import games" window has been removed. The concept of
importing games from other services into Lutris has been removed.
Syncing games from other services on start has been removed.
* Integration with the lutris website such as login and showing your
library has been delegated to the 'lutris' service in the sidebar.
* The lutris service gives the option of searching your library or the whole
* Games from 3rd party services no longer depend on an install script to be
present on the website. Lutris will automatically install games with an
auto-generated script. Scripts from the website take precedence if available.
* Steam games are directly loaded from the Steam API and it is no longer needed
to sync your Steam library on the lutris website to see all your Steam games.
* Game banners and icons are downloaded from the services themselves. This
allows for customized media size in the UI based on what's available from the
* Added option to hide the text under the icons
* The installer game cache configuration has been moved to the installer
* Installers now offer the choice between downloaded files, custom user
provided files or cached files (when available).
* Bonus content for GOG games such as manuals or soundtracks can now be
downloaded as part of the install process. Selected content are downloaded
in a 'extras' folder in the game folder. Those files will likely be in
* The right side bar has been moved to the bottom of the window to optimize
space and to declutter the overall design. Game actions are now shown in a
popover menu displayed next to the play button. Runner actions, if available
(for example, wine), will show up in a popover menu next to the runner icon.
* Running games have been moved from the right side bar to a row on the left
* Added favorites section and allow to add/remove games from favorites
* When removing a game, Lutris now displays the size of the folder to be
* Game logs are no longer erased when switching to another game in the
* Game logs can be saved to a file
* Lutris runners can now be written in JSON instead of Python code. This
handles only simple cases but it's enough to handle a vast number of
emulators or game engines. Some existing runners have been migrated to JSON
such as dgen, ppsspp, citra, ags, virtualjaguar... as well as new ones like
melonds, tic80, pcem... Check out the `share/lutris/json` folder for those
runners. If you plan to submit new JSON based runner be sure to provide a valid
'download_url' otherwise the lutris client won't have a runner to download.
* Lutris will not delete any game folder that is used by another game or any
folder that is in some predefined locations. Note that protection of folders
such as 'Documents' or 'Downloads' only works on English locales for the moment.
* Added a Mangohud option with special modes for OpenGL and 32bit games.
* Added a wine menu entry to launch a bash shell in the game's environment
with WINEPREFIX set and the correct Wine build aliased to `wine`.
* Added a command line option to generate a bash script that will run a
lutris game without the client. ex: `lutris quake --output-script quake.sh`.
This will create a 'quake.sh' script to launch the game.
* Removed all platform and runner icons from the code base to eliminate any
issue regarding their licenses (This is done to help get the lutris
package into debian).
* DOSBox and PCSX2 display an error if needed libraries are missing.
* The old versions of gamemode are no longer supported. Make sure you have
the one that ships with a `gamemoderun` executable.
* The runtime now supports downloading individual files. New icons can be
submitted by sending a PR to github.com/lutris/lutris-runtime.
* Refactor of several core components. New python packages
`lutris.database` and `lutris.gui.installer`
-- Mathieu Comandon Sat, 14 Nov 2020 15:03:28 -0700